Fitz has been on five flights in about seven weeks. We have picked up a few tips about traveling with a toddler. These are general things that have helped as I flew solo for 3 of the flights.
- Bring cleansing wipes in the baby bag. Wipe down hands frequently as there is a lot of time spent on the floor of the airport, touching everything and of course–the plane.
- Snacks–are everything! TSA will allow you to bring liquids if its for a baby so we bring two packets, a water bottle–with a little bit of apple juice (to ensure he stays hydrated) and crackers. Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and messy snacks are overall, not worth it!
- Toys and books-2 only. I was juggling tons of books and toys and it was a cluster #$@&*. So, I decided 2 books and 2 small toys is it.
- Bottle–During takeoff he drinks from a bottle to avoid ear popping. Sipping for the small nipple helps with ear popping the ways breast feeding used to.
- Elmo–We downloaded Elmo episodes for our back pocket. We haven’t used him yet but having the episodes readily available are security.
- Packing-Bring very little. I left like 20 things at my sister’s house and was so annoyed by all of the options I brought. You can use the the laundry! I would say 3 outfits, 2 pajama sets.
What are your traveling with a baby tips?